Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oral Antibiotics for Acne Treatment

For those who are considering oral anti biotics as an acne treatment...

I went on minocycline for only two weeks and started to have these side effects:
In this order, this is what happened to me: dizziness, headache, nausia, super sensitive to sun ( I got burned from being out for 20 minutes with spf 20 on!), severe joint pain, fatigue all the time, loss of appetite, dry mouth, and very susceptible to infections because the meds killed all of my good bacteria (ex: yeast infections).




Now, it did clear up my skin completely in only one week.  It was a miracle.  But when I decided to stop taking it, my acne came right back.

There is a safe way to use minocycline if your only problems is infection, but it is very routine-oriented and you must never forget to take probiotics or you will develope problems:
In the morning, take probiotics.  In the evening take minocycline.

This was just a warning to all those who might take oral anti biotics for acne treatment.

Ning.

No comments:

Post a Comment