Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Meditation as Medication

So, lately, I've been stressed out...



...and I think it's taking a toll on my face.

Halloween candy and not having enough time to eat full meals is really bad for your skin. :(

Hormones and having three papers, three tests and a project due for five different classes is also not good for your skin.

Trying to figure out the process for a K-1 Visa is also not good for your skin. D:

Lately, I think I need more meditation time.  I've been so exhausted that I haven't had the proper time to meditate.

It really helps.

So today I will meditate for at least 20 minutes.

Yes.

When my partner in crime noticed how easily stressed I become from everyday situations, he taught me how to meditate.  

"Sit upright on the bed.  Straighten yourself up, yes like that.  Sit with your legs almost crossed, but with your right leg on top of the left one.  Now, place your hands in your lap, the right hand laying flat cupped upward in your left hand.  Close your eyes....clear your mind...think of nothing...let the distractions fade away.  Let everything go."

It sounds really hard, doesn't it?  Think of nothing?  How is that humanly possible?!

1.) Relax
2.) Do it in a peaceful place
3.) Focus on your breathing

Sounds so simple, yet so hard.  But believe me, when you are able to do this, you will feel much more at ease. 

So I will be doing this more, as well as fixing my current candy obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment