Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Future and How to Care About Yourself by Caring About Others

He's tried too many times to make me think positive.  It's so easy, yet so difficult.  Although on this blog I want to motivate people to change their thinking and care about their bodies, for myself I must admit that it's a difficult task, taking care of yourself.  Things just kept getting worse, so I went down with them.  I flow like water, and when things don't go my way, I go along with them, whining and complaining, never doing anything about it.  It's almost as if I don't care about myself enough to change anything.  I just let it happen.  I wish, but I never act.  I fall and flow away like the tides of the sea.
Buddhists believe that anything you put your mind to, you can change.  You can always change your perspective.  Especially in American pressure culture and stressed minded population, it's hard to apply these to life.  How can you ever be sure if things will be ok in the end?  How do you know you're not being treated well enough by the people around you?
In reality, if you think about it, this way of thinking is so selfish.  Why does the media always talk about our rights and our wants?  Because they are feeding into the selfish desires that people have naturally.  Even in Christianity, you're supposed to fight this.  Todays' world is promoting to just giving in.  It's ok if you are angry at people you don't know, because you're in a bad mood so they should deal with it. It's alright if you smoke and ruin your lungs, because it makes you feel better when you smoke.  It doesn't matter if the people you love are concerned.
Basically, I think I need to learn how to be more caring to others.  By letting go of my problems and thinking about other's problems, my own are solved.  It's the way it was intended.  In order to care about others, you must automatically care about yourself.  Never neglect your health.  Don't take things from only one perspective.  Even when your world becomes distorted, don't give up.  Even if you get burned in the end, at least you know that you gave it your all.
Believe me, I know it is so hard to stay positive!  How pressuring it is when your parents are counting on you to do well in life.  How anxious it becomes when society has expectations of the way you should be.  How it feels to let people you care about down.  How painful it is to cry every night before you sleep.  How lonely the world can be.  How sometimes the only good moments of life seem like a dream when you think back on them.
But you were made to become your own purpose in this life.  You were only given this life because you are strong enough to live it...don't give up on what you believe is your path.  you must become the right person.
Even when it gets rough, don't let it tear you down.  Never show your fear to life.  Let it become your strength!

2 comments:

  1. hi there i would like to ask u if there is faceshop at san fran? any where near uc berkely?
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.colored toric contact lenses

    ReplyDelete